Government Degree College Ronhat was established by Himachal Pradesh Government as a multi faculty, co-educational institute in September, 2017. Ronhat a Sub Tehsil Headquarter under Sub Division Shillai in District Sirmaur is situated on State Highway Paonta Sahib –Shillai -Chopal. The town is situated on the bank of Bhangal Khad near the Tons (Meenus) River and a distance of 28 km from both Shillai and Haripurdhar and it is 145 km from the district headquarter Nahan. The college is temporarily housed in the old building of Gram Panchayat, Rast. Ronhat, a far flung rural area in Trans -Giri region of Sirmaur District of HP, is adjacent to the Jonsar -Bawar area of Uttrakhand which has been recognized as Schedule Tribe by Government of India. It is surrounded by the sky touching mountains and lush green meadows and fields. The people of this region are full of honesty, simplicity, integrity, moral values and sweat in fields to eke out their living. They exhibit a warm and friendly nature. It has very well preserved its customs and traditions handed down by its predecessors. An endless successions of culturally rich fair and festivals like Bishu, Haryality and Budhi Diwali etc. held in this region.
In order to have zero tolerance and its total elimination from the educational institutions.Hon’ble Supreme Court of India vide its orders 06 dated 4th May, 2001; 16th May, 2007 and 11th Feb. 2009 has directed as here as under:
1. Ragging is banned in the institution.
2. Anyone indulging in ragging is liable to be punished appropriately. Punishment shall be exemplary and justifiably harsh.
3. Punishment for ragging includes:
a. Imprisonment, fine or both.
b. Expulsion from the institution, suspension from the institution or class for a limited period or fine with a public apology.
c. Withholding scholarship or other benefits.
d. Debarring from representation in events.
e. Withholding of results.
4. If the individual committing or abetting ragging is not identified, collective punishment shall be resorted.
5. Character/migration certificate(s) issued by the institution shall have an entry apart from that of general conduct and behaviour to the effect whether the student had participated in ragging and in particular was punished for ragging.
6. In case the applicant for admission is found to have indulged in ragging/indiscipline in the past or if it is noticed later that he/she has indulged in ragging, his/her admission may be refused or he /she shall be expelled from the institution forthwith.
7. Sign undertaking Here